Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Meyer-Optik Görlitz Primoplan 58mm f/1.9
































I was fortunate enough recently to have been given the cameras that were once used by my old high schools photo club.  Looks like there will be a lot of fun stuff to play with.  One of the first things that came to mind was to test out this Primoplan lens on my digital adapter. The Primoplan was on a Praktica SLR that was first made in 1949.  Since the Primoplan was one of the standard lenses for this camera it probably is of similar vintage.






































The Primoplan is known for its swirly bokeh.  It has an amazing 14 aperture blades.  Wide-open it also seems pretty sharp to me.  My experience with the Primoplan plan does make me curious about what kind of results I will get from it on the Praktica.  Hopefully the weather will get warm enough here soon that I will test it out.  The following images were all taken at f/1.9.












































































































































5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos.
    It really renders the scenes in a unique manner! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful camera!
    I love those old Prakticas.. I just got my hands on (again) a Praktica L2. I sent my last one down to the FPP, and sure enough, another has landed on my lap... I think it's a sign that I should keep it.. and honestly, I think I'm going to this time. I have been considering whether to sell it, but .... I probably won't.
    Get one once, it's coincidence... twice! Must be fate :)

    ReplyDelete