Friday, February 24, 2012

M42 lens mount - Rokinon Automatic MC 1:2.8 f=24mm



Sears TLS with Rokinon Automatic MC 1:2.8 f=24mm























I don't really know much about this lens.  I got it off Ebay because it was going for less than $10.  The seller said it had some haze and at the time I was looking for some lens to take apart to see if I could clean it up.  This looked like a simple lens for a first try and I wouldn't be out much if things didn't work out.  As it turned out the haze was just due a light film on the back element that cleaned up easily with Windex. Other than the easily cleaned haze the lens seemed fine. 

Like I said I haven't been able to find anything about this specific lens.  My guess is that it is the kinda lens people aren't inclined to talk about much.  I don't think it is particularly rare as there are usually one or two for sale on Ebay.  As I am writing this there is one listed on Ebay for $25.49.  So it looks like the Rokinon 24mm doesn't get much respect.

My use of this lens has been mostly with an M42 to EOS adapter.  And to me at least it performs decently.



Wide open at f/2.8













Again at f/2.8











The actual focal length on my Canon T2i is around 38mm.











I haven't used this lens much with film.  The B&W ones in the gallery are from film.  The color images are all digital.
Rokinon Automatic MC 1:2.8 f=24mm Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment