Thursday, August 2, 2012

Canon SURESHOT Owl

Introduced: 1997
Lens:  Canon 35mm f/4.5, 3 elements in 3 groups.
Shutter: Auto/Flash ON mode:(ISO 100) 1/100,f/4.5 to 1/180,f/11, Flash OFF mode: 1/45,f/4.5 to 1/180,f/11
Battery: Two AA








Haven't done a point & shoot for a while so here is the Canon SURESHOT Owl.  The main feature with this camera is the big viewfinder. Canon says it is three times the size of a conventional viewfinder and can easily be used by someone wearing eyeglasses.  All the modes are on one fairly large sized dial.


The Owl seems like it was a pretty okay camera for taking pictures of your  cats or kids.











I thought this was an interesting picture.  I didn't see the bird when I took it.














I can't think of much else to say about this camera other then in its day it did its job. I will add that I think that it is one of the more appealing looking plastic point & shoots.  I don't think it comes through that well in my photo, however in person the camera does have the look and feel of a little owl.
Canon SURESHOT Gallery





2 comments:

  1. The major camera makers puked out unattractive autofocus/autoexposure 35 mm cameras by the bazillions in the 90s. It's like it was a lost decade in photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably one of the rare people that they hold some appeal for. I wasn't paying that much attention to photography back then so I don't know what the motivation was for making all these cameras. Just the ones with the Vivitar name seem like they could reach infinity.

      Delete