Friday, August 24, 2012

Circular Polarizer and more Holga HL-C

A couple of days ago there were some nice clouds which have been rare this summer. To make the clouds stand out more I used a circular polarizing filter. 




















If you don't know about polarizing filters The Luminous Landscape has a good section about polarizing filters.  If you do much landscape photography a polarizing filter is very helpful.

Here along with helping with the clouds I think the polarizer also helps with the color saturation. 












In the post on Tuesday  I forgot to mention that most of the time I use the fish-eye attachment with the Holga HL-C when using a camera that is not full-frame. With the smaller sensor there is no fish-eye effect, however there is an amount of distortion that I like. 

An example of using the fish-eye attachment with an APS sensor.













That's all for today. 








2 comments:

  1. I've never played with filters. The Olympus OM-1 I got last year came with a boatload of 'em. Maybe I should try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use a yellow filter with B&W. I even occasionally will hold one over the lens of a camera like the Clack. One additional benefit the filters have with a camera made for slow film is that they will cut the light by one or two f-stops. With color I should probably remember to use the polarizers more often.

      Delete