Monday, February 11, 2013

Suprema Mini GTG


I am not sure if it is some kind of illness, however I do have the habit of buying these cheap plastic cameras when I see one at a garage sale or thrift store.  Then I start to wonder what kind of pictures it will take and I usually end up taking a roll or two before the camera comes to rest in a box with my other plastic cameras.  Of course there are so many of these cameras that I do have to have some limitations.  One thing I look for is a wider than normal lens.  The Suprema Mini GTG made the cut with a 28mm lens.  I also look for colors other then the standard ones.  So being blue helped the Suprema.  Probably my firmest limit is that I won't pay more than $2 for one of these cameras.  And the Suprema cost $1. 


The Surprema Mini GTG has only one aperture f/8, and one shutter speed of  1/125.  It doesn't need batteries unless you want to use the flash.  The lens seems to be soft all over. 


Occasionally there are light leaks and there almost always is some vignetting. So the Surpema Mini GTG does live up to toy camera standards.


I used Kodak Max 400 which had expired in 2005 for these pictures.  Probably this image showed the most color shift.  I tend to enjoy some of the unexpected images that I get from the cheap cameras and expired film.

If you have made it this far then maybe you would like to see some more images from the Suprema Mini GTG.  If so here is the gallery

.

No comments:

Post a Comment