Friday, January 13, 2012

First lasting snow and a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX7

Yesterday in central Illinois the first snow that stayed on the ground fell. Not much snow, however the wind blew and piled it up in places and made it hard to see.  And with the wind came the cold which was magnified by the wind to give bare skin and thin clothes a difficult time.  And on the snow day the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX7 came in the mail.

I was thinking that I would like to have a digital camera that would easily fit into a pocket.  I have some film cameras that do so, however sometimes I wanted some of the instant gratification that digital can offer.  So figured that if I looked for a camera that had been out for a couple of years I might get a good deal on a quality camera. I have noticed that with digital people seem to want the latest thing so perfectly good cameras lose a lot of value in a short time. 

So after doing some research and finding a good price I settled on the DSC-TX7.  It looks like the camera should be able to make decent prints up to at least 8X10 and it is very small.  I also like that its telephoto starts at 25mm and is made by Carl Zeiss.  I especially like that the telephoto does not stick out from the camera body.  So far because of the weather I have only done a few test pictures and I think it will suit my needs. 

So far two posts in the new year.  I am going to make an attempt to post something photographic every day for a while.  Usually I think too much about what I could post and end up not posting anything. So for a while I believe I will try just posting without thinking things out too much and see what happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment