Monday, September 24, 2012

Polaroid 320

Made: 1969 to 1971
Lens: 114mm f/8.8 2-element plastic
Viewfinder: separate rangefinder focus and parallax-corrected viewfinder lens
Shutter speeds: 10 sec to 1/1200
Battery: No. 532
Price: $59.95









I am not sure where this camera came from.  I was looking through some old shelf-drawers yesterday and found it.  It was still in a box and doesn't look like it was used much.  I believe that I do have the battery that it needs around here somewhere. So if I find that battery I will try it out.  The Polaroid 320 is all plastic which makes it pretty light. From what I have read about it it yields decent images.  I like that it has a rangefinder for focusing.  Although I have to admit that I was fooled by it using a separate window for the rangefinder.  I was looking in the main window for the rangefinder patch and thought there must be something wrong with the camera.

Anyway I was pleased to come across a possibly interesting camera that I didn't know I had.  And while I wasn't so thrilled that I tore the house apart looking for the battery I need, still I am looking forward to trying this one out.  

2 comments:

  1. Someone gave me an Automatic 250 the other day. The battery was unfortunately still in the compartment and has corroded badly. But I think I can clean up the corrosion and use three AAs wired together in Rube Goldberg fashion to generate the required 4.5v. I have a pack of Fuji 3000-speed BW pack film in my fridge waiting for the day I get around to that. If I understand correctly, my 250 has a glass lens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the 250 is one of the highest quality Polaroids. If luck with the battery conversion let me know. I think that would be the way to go with these cameras since it is hard to get the batteries they were made for.

      Delete