Tuesday, October 16, 2012

People Pictures From 2012 Covered Bridge Festival

I don't do much people photography. At the Covered Bridge Festival I decided to take a few shots of what may be a vanishing group of dealers and collectors. I say vanishing since operations like Ebay seem to have taken a bite out of the face-to-face dealer seller world.









Don't see many people smoking in public anymore. When I smelled his pipe smoke it took a moment for me to realize what it was.



















If you are a dealer you hope not to spend most of your day sitting watching the crowd walk by. Last Friday morning was an especially chilly time to be doing that.


















Instead of sitting, hopefully there will be some sales to record.





















Just judging by observation, crowds at flea markets have gotten smaller and older since I occasionally did them in the 80's and early 90's.














A dealer selling things in Rockville, IN.






















The woman with blond hair and the dealer with the hat were haggling over several items.











Did a B&W conversion on this one.

















I was fairly pleased with how most of these turned out.  Especially since the lighting wasn't the best. Although it does seem like the light is starting to get softer this time of year. I used my digital SLR which isn't an inconspicuous camera, however I have never encountered any problem taking photos at an event like this.  I am surprised that I seldom see anyone else with a camera at such events.  

I saw more cameras this year at the CBF than I did last year.  Although most were the dirty over-priced box cameras.  Still I did get a nice Pentax K1000 and a Yashica FX-3.  I'll probably have more to say about them later in the week.











No comments:

Post a Comment