Monday, June 25, 2012

Asahi Super-Takumar 1:4/150

Mounted on my old Canon XSi using an M42 adapter.
Manufactured: 1965—1967
Lens Elements:
Groups: 5
Maximum Aperture: f/4
Minimum Aperture: f/22
Minimum Focus: 6 ft
Weight: 324 g







I got this lens last summer when I was in a mania about getting M42 lens.  It was an odd focal length, however it was also a Super Takumar going for what seemed like a low price.  I have to admit that I haven't used it much.  And that is not a knock on the lens.  The build quality is excellent and it functions as smoothly as any lens that I have.  The pictures it takes are also pretty sharp and I like the color rendition.  Still it is a focal length that I don't use much. 


I have been impressed by the color I get with the Asahi Super-Takumar 1:4/150.












In theory I like it that I can get a focal length of 240mm when using the Asahi Super-Takumar 1:4/150 with an APS camera.  That is especially nice considering how small and light the lens is. Even at my advanced age it is easy to keep this lens steady handheld. So while I haven't used it much I do think this is a fine lens.  It is certainly worth what they are selling for these days. And after writing this post I think I will use the Asahi Super-Takumar 1:4/150 a little more.  I have been stuck on wide to standard lenses for a while so it might be good to get to know more about what I can do with a lens like the Asahi Super-Takumar 1:4/150.
Asahi Super-Takumar 1:4/150 Gallery


2 comments:

  1. I really like the work you did with that lens. Simple subjects well rendered. And you're right, the color representation is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim. I think it was a good experience for me to use a focal length that I don't normally use. It helped me to take a difficult look at some familiar things.

      Delete