Friday, June 1, 2012

Family Reunion at Crystal Lake Park

It is not easy to see, however there is another photographer at this event.  The man in the middle is holding some kind of TLR.  TLR's were a popular style of camera in the 40's and 50's.









I had not scanned any of the rolls of negatives that I bought earlier this year in a while.  So last night I figured it was time.  What I found in the next roll appears to be a family reunion that took place at Crystal Lake Park in Urbana Illinois. Going by the cars and the clothes the time appears to be in the late 1940's.  There aren't any images that stand out like the little girl with the gun, or the couple hopefully just carving a turkey from past found film. Still it is pretty good coverage of a type of event that I think was once more popular than it is today.


Looks like there was a good turnout.














There was even some live music. Radio or recorded music wasn't easily portable in those days.














These negatives were in the best shape of any of this group that I have scanned so far.  They required very little in the way of cleaning up.

Here is the rest of the Family Reunion Gallery.





2 comments:

  1. What fun! I love seeing the cars in these photos. Today, they're classics; then, they were transportation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first got my license in 1972 a lot of these cars could be had in fairly good condition for less than $100.

      Delete