Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Industar 61 L/D f/2.8 55mm

I wondered what the FED 2 that I talked about last week would be like with a lens that was more pleasant to use that the Industar 10 with it problematic aperture tabs.  So I borrowed an Industar 61 that I had on a FED 3.  The one I have was made in 1983 so the US and the USSR were still going at it.  The L  in the L/D part on the lens means it is Lanthanum coated while the D means it is for a 39mm mount.  

Taken with the Industar 61 at 2.8.


The Russians got a lot of equipment, and plans from the Germans after WWII.  And it appears that they made good use of it.  Many of these lenses are excellent and cost little.  The Industar 61 L/D is supposed to be one of the best.  




Actual click stops for the aperture setting on the Industar 61 is an advantage over the Industar 10. Still the collapsible Industar 10 makes it easy for the FED 2 to be a pocket camera.  




Another one wide-open. 


A hot summer for sitting on park benches. 













INDUSTAR 61L/D F2.8 55MM at Matt's Classic Cameras.


Industar 55mm f/2.8 N-61 L/D at Ken Rockwells.  I offer this link mostly because his lens is from the same year as mine.   

4 comments:

  1. The results from this lens seem a little harsh. Maybe that's not such a nice way to say "very contrasty."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never sure how much of that is due to differences in monitors. Although this lens does do pretty well with contrast. At the moment I think I like the Industar 10 that I had been using with this camera better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I commented above from work, and am now commenting from home, and I get a different, less contrasty impression of these shots now. Gotta be the monitor.

      Delete
  3. i have this brand new Fed5 with Industar61,f2.8 55mm!!!!!!!!if some one interested or at least u can tell me the price

    ReplyDelete