Friday, July 20, 2012

Some More Black & White

Taken with Sears TLS 50mm f/1.4 on Legacy Pro 100. For a while I had a good thing going with using Rodinal stand development with Legacy Pro 100.  For the most part this combination gave me results that I liked, and with stand development I wasn't waiting around to agitate the film.

















Looks like a mild break from the heat wave here today so I plan to be out taking some pictures as much as I can.  Today I am sharing some of the black & white photos which I made that I particularly liked.

Agfa Clack on Fuji Neopan.  The Clack was a popular family camera in Europe in the 1950's.  I held a yellow filter over the lens for this image.  Some Clacks came with a built-in yellow filter.









Canon F1 24mm f/2.8 on Legacy Pro 100.  This old house was at the back of a tent at the Covered Bridge Festival in Parke County IN.









Olympus XA on Legacy Pro 100.  One of the things I like about B&W is its timeless quality when combined with certain timeless subjects.










Another one with the Sears TLS 50 f/1.4 on Legacy Pro 100.  This one is with the lens wide open.



















Lastly, taken with Alka box camera on Fuji Neopan. This manure spreader has been sitting there for at least twenty years.













2 comments:

  1. I'm especially impressed with the pic from the Clack. Pin sharp! I may have to buy myself one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Clack can make some very nice images. Especially considering that the one here was handheld with a shutter speed of around 1/30. I remember reading that Jason Schneider, who used to write a column on camera collecting, had a print that he had blown up to 30x40 that was taken with a box camera. He said he did it so that people would see it and ask if he had taken it with a Hasselblad. And he did get asked that several times.

      Delete