Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Argus V-100

Produced: 1957-58
Type: 35mm rangefinder
Lens: 52mm f/2.8 Argus Cintar II
Shutter: Synchro-Compur leaf type
Shutter speeds: 1 to 1/500 plus B
Flash: M-X synchronization at all shutter speeds.
Exposure: Built-in uncoupled selenium meter





The Argus V-100 was made in Germany for Argus by Iloca.  It is pretty much the same camera as the Iloca Rapid IIL. The combination of the Argus name and it being a 1950's rangefinder made this a camera that I wanted since I first heard about it.  The one I got is in very good condition other than one fairly easily fixed problem.

 So far I have only done one roll of HP5 with the Argus V-100.  I do agree with the reports that I have seen about the Cintar II lens being reasonably sharp and contrasty.  The camera also handles well.












My version of the Argus V-100 does appear to need the light seals replaced.  Most of the images I got showed signs of light leaking. Fortunately that is not a difficult fix.










I do think that once I get the light seals replaced that I will have a good picture taker in the Argus V-100. 





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful camera. All of these Cameras that you post I want to go buy them on ebay. You should open a store and put the cameras you collect up for Bid. You would make a fortune.

    ReplyDelete