Friday, January 4, 2013

VistaQuest 1005

I came across this camera when I was looking for some batteries.  I hadn't used it in a while.  The VistaQuest 1005 is a key chain camera that enjoyed some popularity a few years ago for being able to produce  lomo-type images while being a digital camera.







The VistaQuest 1005 is about as simple as a digital camera gets.  There are no choices to be made.  It is just point and shoot. The images are small at just 1.3 megapixels.  The viewfinder is fairly useless especially at closer distances. The images are often soft, almost painterly.  Sometimes there is vignetting. It gets the closest in look to some of the toy plastic cameras that I have gotten using digital.




















I did find the VistaQuest fun to play with back in the days when I was only doing digital. Upon becoming reacquainted with the VistaQuest I can say it is still fun for a change. Sometimes I like being surprised by the results I get and the VistaQuest  does well in surprising me.

With its vibrant colors and softness the VistaQuest can make some lovely images.
















Anyway I thought I'd record a little about the VistaQuest before it goes back into the battery drawer.  Here is a VistaQuest 1005 Gallery.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, those really are some great colors! You just never know, do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it is the pleasant surprises that keeps me trying out so many cameras. I am glad to live in a time when I can sample so many different cameras without spending a lot of money.

      Delete
  2. I skidded on over here from "Down the Road." I like what I see here; bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I think I will enjoy reading your blog.

      Delete
  3. I really like the colors they seem really vibrant.

    ReplyDelete